Forbes Marshall Desuperheater
Variable Nozzle/ Fixed Nozzle
Steam Side Flange:
4" ~ 6"
Water Side Flange:
1" ~ 2"
Max. Pressure Rating:
1:27 ( depending on nozzle)
- Desuperheaters are used to convert superheated steam to saturated steam through direct addition of water, so that steam can be used for sterilization processes in the palm oil mill.
- Turbine Bypass and Exhaust Applications
- Turbine Bleed Steam, Auxiliary Steam, Process Steam, Attemerator
- Pressure Reducing Valve Outlet Steam Application
- Boiler Superheater and re-heater applications
- Available in fixed nozzle design, minicooler deisgn or variable nozzle design.
Variable Nozzle Design
- VND ensures a fine conical spray that evaporates almost
instantaneously, avoiding pipe impingement.
- For 9 nozzle head= 1: 27 turndown ratio
- For 6 nozzle head = 1:18 turndown ratio
- Design as per ANSI B 16.34
- Graphite packing provided for optimal sealing with stem
- Suitable to fit a variety of yokes. (ideal with - Forbes
Marshall make pneumatic diaphragm actuator)
- Fabricated body - available in Carbon Steel / Alloy Steel /
Stainless Steel (other materials available on request)
- Stem - ground, hardened and roller burnished to a fine
finish for optimum performance
- Ensures back-seat sealing due to fine machining and
lapping of the seat after welding
Fixed Nozzle Design
- Single nozzle Kv as low as 0.0162 m³ / hr and as high as
1.6 m³ / hr
- Number of nozzles limited only by pipeline diameter
- For use on all pipe sizes 6" and above
- Ideal for use in conjunction with water control valve and
- Turndown ratio upto 4:1 (depending on water quality)